June 15, 2017 5-8pm
Mill Point Park
Gates open at 4:00pm.
Free Admission…………bring your lawn chairs
Wings, Adult beverages, soda and water will be available for purchase.
Come, taste and vote for your favorite wings.
There will be 6 participants this year competing for the BEST WINGS on the West Coast.
So bring the whole family, buy some wings and vote for your favorite wings.
See You There !
2016 participants are:
2015 Wings on the Water BBQ Cook Off
Peoples Choice Winner, “King of Wings”
Nunica catering company owned by Mark & Ann Grahek
The 2014 Wings on the Water Participants were …
Jacks at the Holiday Inn – Spring Lake: A big contender for at least one of the Heritage Festival’s first place awards – Their culinary team brings years of experience to the table.
- JW’s of Grand Haven will be cooking up a storm again at this year’s festival and will surely bring one of their good ol’ hometown wing recipes! As the winner of the most recent Bloody Mary Mix-Off we are sure Chris and team are hungry for a Wings on the Water plaque as well!
- Turk’s Inn – Nunica: Henry, Turk’s head chef, is a veteran of the Heritage Festival’s ‘Wings on the Water.’ His years of serving some of the best food on the lakeshore will make him a crowd favorite.
- Over the Top BBQ – Grand Haven: Terry Everest, owner and grill master, is a local top choice caterer. Combine that with ability to please the crowd, Terry is a serious competitor.
- Spring Lake Country Club – Spring Lake: 2013 winner of the Judges and Peoples Choice Award. Chef Sean Marr is the reigning Wings Champion; last year he “WOWED” the judges and crowd. Look for him to bring it strong this year as he tries to claim the crown once again.
- 22 Below – Grand Haven: 2013 winner of Best Decorated Booth. Mark Reihl and his team will head up this year’s hot wings from a secret recipe. With style being part of this crew’s “recipe,” be sure to stop by and see what’s cooking at their booth.
- Old Boys’ Brewhouse – Spring Lake: Chef Dan Paquin heads up this popular hometown brewery and restaurant. Prepare your taste buds for what Dan is planning to offer at this year’s Festival.
- Top Butcher Shop – Spring Lake: Our newest and very popular butcher shop in Spring Lake is ready to take on the field in this year’s competition. Armed with an array of secret recipes, grill master Ken Top is ready to show off his skills.
- King of Wings: Back by popular demand, Ann and Mark Grahek have dominated this event in past years. Their well-seasoned staff of grill masters are consistently a crowd favorite year-after-year.